Barton Center Presentations
Georgia Child Welfare Legal Academy
The Georgia Child Welfare Legal Academy is a collaboration between the Supreme Court of Georgia Committee on Justice for Children and the Barton Child Law and Policy Center to bring child welfare legal experts to Emory Law for a monthly workshop as Visiting Scholars in Practice.
The workshop videos and PowerPoint presentations will be archived here. Please bookmark this page and check back periodically for new materials.
If you have difficulty viewing the videos, please contact Michele Papotto by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 404.712.8367.Stay informed about upcoming Legal Academies. Subscribe to the Barton Center CPS Listserv »
April 24, 2014
Visiting Scholars in Practice
- The Honorable Lane Bearden, Gordon County Juvenile Court
- The Honorable Bradley Boyd, Fulton County Juvenile Court
- The Honorable Deitra Burney-Butler, Clayton County Juvenile Court
Ashley Willcott, JD, CWLA
Director, Office of the Child Advocate for the Protection of Children
January 31, 2014
The Honorable Jason Deal
- Alan Judd, The Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Tom Rawlings, Child Welfare Attorney
- Rachel King, General Counsel, Georgia Department of Human Services
Melissa D. Carter, Executive Director, Barton Child Law and Policy Center.
December 11, 2013
The conversation continues from the November 13th program. Hosted by the Governor's Office for Children and Families (GOCF), in collaboration with the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice and Department of Education, the Barton Center is pleased to present the following speakers:
- Katie Jo Ballard, Executive Director, GOCF
- The Honorable Tom Rawlings, McMillan & Rawlings, LLP
- Chris Thomas, Assistant Director, Office of Training, DJJ
- Aakeem Woodard, Consultant, The Bridge
- Joe Vignati, Justice Division Administrator, GOCF
November 13, 2013
This is a special presentation sponsored by the Barton Child Law and Policy Center, the Department of Juvenile Justice, and the Governor's Office for Children and Families.
- Joe Vignati, Juvenile Justice Administrator, GOCF
- The Honorable Steve Teske, Juvenile Court Judge, Clayton County
- The Honorable Elliott Shoenthal, Juvenile Court Judge, Dekalb County
- Stephen Reba, Director, Appeal for Youth Clinic, Barton Child Law & Policy Center
Follow-up Webinar: youtube.com/user/elsclasstech » No login or subscription is required to view the video.
See www.bartoncenter.net for more information.