The Operations Department is the service hub for the Law School, supporting faculty, staff, and students.
Our mission is to effectively and efficiently provide maintenance and operational services that support the faculty, staff, and students in pursuit of excellence in their individual and institutional academic research and community objectives.
Our vision is to achieve customer satisfaction and employee excellence. We value accountability, communication, sustainability, cooperation, education, fairness, and trust.
Operations provides the following services:
- Facilities: Housekeeping (Custodial Services)
- Door hardware/closures installations
- Event management
- Hardscape and street maintenance
- Moving/special services
- Access control—keys/locks
- Landscape and grounds maintenance
- Pest control
- Office and classroom furniture
- Mail services
- Copy Center
- Student lockers
- Office and event supplies
- Phone services
Gambrell Hall, Spring 2017
Regular Hours: Tuesday, January 3 – Sunday, March 26
Exam Extended Hours: Monday, March 27 – Friday, April 28
Emory Trial Techniques & Commencement Hours
Gambrell Hall, Fall 2016
Regular Hours: Begin Monday, August 15
Exam Extended Hours: Monday, November 7-Wednesday, December 7
Winter Break: Classes Resume Tuesday, January 3, 2017
1. Reserve your room using 25Live for a meeting.
2. Make a duplicate reservation of the reservation you just made, naming it something similar, but include phone bridge in the title – for example “Hiring Committee phone bridge”. All the other fields will be the same, except for the last field – LOCATION.
- In the Event Location , start with the box “Find by …” and select “Public Searches."
- When the "Public Searches" box appears, scroll down to select "Telephone Bridges" and hit "Run."
- The bridge numbers list will populate, and you can then make a request to one of the numbers.
Emory Law's Photo Copy Services is located on the first floor of Gambrell Hall.
Business Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Summer hours vary)
Email Address: email@example.com
- Faculty copies: .04/page
- Color copies: .75/page
- GBC binding: $2.00 per binding
- Copy services for course materials and other large projects
- Self-service copying for small jobs—ask ITS for the location of self service machines (use your copy code)
- Copy codes
- Business card printing
- Color copies
- Courier on-campus service in the morning (10:00 a.m.) and afternoon (3:00 p.m.)
- Letterhead stationery
- Mailbox assignment
- Mailbox directory
Emory IDs are assigned to students during orientation. Faculty and staff should contact Emory Law Operations immediately after receiving an Emory ID during onboarding to have it validated as a Proximity Card for special access.
Proximity doors are located at the east entry on the first and second floors, and the entrances between the law school and the library on the first and fifth floors.
Notify Operations immediately if you lose your Proximity ID Card. For security purposes, we will immediately cancel your Proximity Card. There is a $25.00 replacement charge.
- Office keys can be obtained from Operations (G101).
- Replacement keys are available for $10.00 (checks preferred).
You can obtain most general office supplies at the reception/mail services desk (G101). Letterhead is available at Photo Copy Services, first floor of Gambrell.
Emory Law uses Staples for office supplies: www.staples.com»
For special orders, click here to place an order online. If you prefer to use the paper form found in Gambrell 101, complete it and turn it in to the receptionist. Use your SmartKey number for special orders.
Special Function Supplies
Operations carries a limited number of supplies for special functions, ranging from beverages to tablecloths. Make your request by downloading the Event form » Please place large orders a week in advance.
25Live is used to schedule all spaces in Gambrell Hall for classes, workshops, programs, and events directly related to the law school curriculum.
Please note: Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are the recommended browsers for accessing 25Live; Internet Explorer is strongly discouraged. Because Internet Explorer is the default web browser on all university computers, the 25Live link on our website may open in Internet Explorer automatically.
To change your default web browser to Firefox: Open Firefox on your computer; click on the "Tools" drop-down on the top-left side of the window and drag down to select "Options"; click on the "Advanced" icon on the top-right side of the "Options" box; make sure the "General" tab is selected (top-left) and select the checkbox that says, "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on setup"; Click okay.
Emory University provides video tutorials for first-time users here »
Non-Class Reservations (Emory Law Faculty, Staff, and Students)
All questions regarding class-related scheduling should be directed to the Law School Registrar's Office, firstname.lastname@example.org »
- Check the law school calendar to verify the date and time are available for your event.
- Log into 25Live with your netID and password.
- Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis, but reservations may be moved to alternative locations if needed.
Non–Emory Law Users
Contact the Emory Law Events Manager, Amy Marcellana, to inquire about space availablity. All non-Emory users must have a sponsoring faculty member or organization within the law school in order to secure a space.