The Center for Professional Development and Career Strategy serves as the professional link among students, alumni, and employers, coordinating a full range of services for the employment search process.
Beginning with the first year of study, our staff provides one-on-one advising appointments, training on job search skills, educational programming about the wide range of career paths available to Emory Law students, and development of career resource materials.
We work closely with employers to introduce them to our highly skilled graduates and create networking opportunities that transition students into their chosen career paths.
Want to add a law journal, moot court, or mock trial to your resume?
- Joining a journal: Staff Member, Name of Journal—journal name should be italicized.
- Accepted a moot court or mock trial invitation: “Emory Moot Court Society “; “Emory Mock Trial Society”
- Declined a moot court or mock trial invitation: “Selected for Emory Moot Court Society (invitation declined)" ... “Selected for Emory Mock Trial Society (invitation declined)”
- Selected for both moot court/mock trial and a journal and chooses moot court/mock trial participation: “Emory Moot Court Society “ ... “Emory Mock Trial Society” ... “Selected for [name of journal] ... declined due to Moot Court/Mock Trial participation)”
- Selected for both moot court/mock trial and a journal chooses journal participation: “Selected for Emory Moot Court Society (declined due to journal participation)”... “Selected for Emory Moot Court Society (declined due to journal participation)”