Welcome, Class of 2018
We look forward to seeing you on campus in August.
Admitted Students & Alumni Receptions:
Admitted Students Tour: Friday, March 27, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. Schedule your visit »
Welcome Week: Week of August 10, 2015
First Day of Classes: Monday, August 17, 2015
Join the Class of 2018 Facebook page and connect with your 1L classmates. You can network with students coming to Emory Law from your region, share housing opportunities and look for potential roommates, and get helpful tips from current students who are happy to share their experiences and suggestions.
As you prepare to join us at Emory Law, we have a checklist of actions and forms to complete.
1. Final Transcript. The American Bar Association requires Emory Law to receive a final transcript indicating the date of your undergraduate degree conferral. If LSAC does not have this final transcript in your Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report, please have your final transcript sent to Emory Law’s Office of Admission, 1301 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322.
2. Health Forms and Insurance Requirements. Complete all required student health information and health forms online with Emory University's online Health Services Portal »
3. Review our Laptop and Computer Recommendations: Emory Law students are required to own a computer. We recommend that you invest in a new notebook computer from a reputable manufacturer with a three-year warranty. Try to purchase a notebook computer that balances light weight and long battery life. Most exams are taken on computer and most faculty members permit students to take notes on computer in class. The law school supports both Mac and Windows systems. The University provides anti-virus software and the University plans to provide Microsoft Office365 to students beginning in fall, 2014. Barnes and Noble at Emory offers an excellent bundle package for students' technological needs. Learn more »
4. Complete the Haven Online Education Module. All incoming Emory University students are required to complete the Haven online education module. This module will provide you with information on preventing and responding to interpersonal violence in the Emory community. It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete (closed captioning is available for video portions). All Emory Law students must complete this course by Friday, August 14. Click here to begin Haven » For more information on Haven or technical support please email firstname.lastname@example.org » For more information on free and confidential support resources at Emory University or near you (if you are not on currently on campus) please visit The Respect Program »
After April 15
6. Log In to OPUS (Online Pathway to University Students), your portal to student accounts, the registrar, and many other services at Emory. Explore OPUS and get familiar with the resources you will use as an Emory Law student. Submit a help request if you cannot log in or access OPUS. Include your first and last name and your Emory Net ID. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR PASSWORD.
7. Create an Emory Email Account » We will activate your Emory e-mail account in early July. You will then access your account using the same NetID and password that you use for OPUS access. Your email address is your NETID(at)emory.edu. If you attended Emory as an undergraduate student, your default Emory account is your Exchange account. Forward messages from Learnlink or EagleMail to your new Exchange account.
8. Upload Your Photo for Your EmoryCard (Student ID) » The EmoryCard is the official ID Card of Emory University. It permits access to facilities and events and can be used to purchase goods and services at the university and at a wide range of merchants throughout the community. The image you upload must be on a white or solid neutral background. During Orientation, your IDs will be available at check-in each morning.
9. Register for On-Campus Parking. Online registration will open in late summer 2015. Review campus parking options at http://parking.emory.edu »
Information effective as of December 2, 2014.
First Enrollment Decision and Deposit
First Deposit Deadline Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
If accepting admission, submit your first deposit ($250).
- Go to www.opus.emory.edu to obtain your Emory Net ID and password and submit your payment.
- Have your U.S. bank account and routing numbers (found on your checks) ready. You may use a checking or savings account.
- On the Student Center screen, scroll down to the Admissions section. Choose the “Pay Admission Deposit” link. Once you have paid, this link will disappear.
- Enter your bank account number (up to 17 digits) and routing number (9 digits) twice in the designated fields. Then tab out of the field to activate the “Next Step” button (this button will not activate if you do not tab out of the field).
- Verify your information on the confirmation page. If correct, click “Submit.” If you need to make corrections, click “Previous Step.” Once payment is submitted, it cannot be cancelled.
- After you submit the payment information, you will receive a message confirming your deposit has been posted to your Emory student account. Use the “opus home” link to return to the Student Center page.
Second Enrollment Decision and Deposit
Second Deposit Deadline Monday, June 1, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
Submit your second deposit ($500) at www.opus.emory.edu following the instructions above.
Tuition deposits are non-refundable and will be credited to your Fall 2015 student account.
Emory University does not provide on-campus graduate housing.
While we are unable to recommend specific properties, there are several nearby complexes to consider. You may also want to network with peers via the Class of 2018 Facebook page for roommate opportunities.
Nearby Apartment Complexes
- Post Briarcliff »
- Clairmont Reserve »
- Emory Pointe »
- Highland Lake »
- Apartments at President Park »
- Campus Crossings Briarcliff »
- Emory University provides »
Students with disabilities can contact Emory's Office of Disability Services for specific information on obtaining an Individualized Accommodation Plan.